Tuesday 13 November 2012

RAINY DAYS + WORKOUTS



Do you ever feel like not leaving the house just because it's raining out? Yeah, okay, don't lie to yourself.

That's how I felt a couple of weeks ago. It was a super soggy day out, and the idea of gearing up and walking to Muay Thai wasn't sitting nice with me (it's only a half-hour walk, but I was having none of it). Usually, I'm more disciplined with getting out the door and off to my workout, especially if it's a scheduled class. But, when the weather gods rally together and decide it's time to make a little wind and a whole lot of rain, I sometimes often change my  mind about leaving the house to squeeze in a good workout. After all, why can't we just workout at home?

Whether it's because you don't like going to a gym or you can't afford a gym membership, there's no reason that you can't work out at home...for free, and without any equipment (like I show you in this workout). And even for people like me, who do have a gym membership and no exercise equipment at home, it's okay to want to work up a sweat without leaving home.

So, the next time the weather keeps you inside (or you decide that you'd rather put your gym membership fees towards saving up for a vacation), don't let it be an excuse not to get sweaty. You can still work out at home, just as I did when I created this mini workout inspired by conditioning I might have done at Muay Thai.

Muay Thai Conditioning I

Jump Rope 1 minute
Sit Ups with Punches x 30
Jump Rope 1 minute
Squat Kicks x 20
Jump Rope 1 minute
Sit Ups with Punches x 30
Jump Rope 1 minute
Squat Kicks x 20
Jump Rope 1 minute

then complete this circuit 4 times through:

50 Lying Leg Raises
50 Crunches
Super Burpees 1 minute

Try This: Instead of 1 minute of super burpees, hold a wall squat for 1 minute. 

images via bah humpug


DISCLAIMER: I am not a nutritionist, physician, or any kind of health professional. Everything that you find on my blog is based on my own knowledge and opinion. If you require specific health and fitness advice, please seek a qualified health professional.

No comments:

Post a Comment