Crispy Coconut Shrimp
1/2 cup coconut flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
1. Line a dish with paper towel and set aside.
2. Grab three bowls. In the first bowl, mix together coconut flour and salt and pepper. In the second bowl, crack eggs and whisk. Finally, place shredded coconut in third bowl.
3. One at a time, take a shrimp and coat it first with the flour mixture, then the egg, and then the coconut. Set on a plate and continue with rest of shrimp.
4. Once all shrimp have been coated, fill the bottom of a large skillet with coconut oil (I used a couple of tablespoons, you just want to make sure there is enough oil coating the pan so that the shrimp lightly fry and don't stick to the pan or fall apart). Heat oil on medium-high, and once hot, fry shrimp until golden brown on each side - usually 1-2 minutes total cook time.
4. Transfer cooked shrimp to dish with paper towel from earlier. The paper towel will help to absorb excess oil. Wait until shrimp have cooled, top with a squeeze of lime juice, and enjoy!
Try This: You'll notice that this recipe for coconut shrimp does not contain any sugar. I prefer my shrimp like this - I find that coconut already has a sweet flavour on its own. If you would like to add something for that extra sweetness, though, my suggestion is to add a bit of raw honey to the whisked eggs.
DISCLAIMER: I am not a nutritionist, physician, or any kind of health professional. Everything that you find on my blog is based on my own knowledge and opinion. If you require specific health and fitness advice, please seek a qualified health professional.